Is your company following California’s precise meal and rest break requirements? It’s easy to violate the law without realizing it.
“Meal breaks have nothing to do with eating lunch. They’re about providing 30 minutes of off-the-clock, duty-free time within 4 hours and 59 minutes from the start of a workday,” says Erika Frank, CalChamber Executive Vice President and General Counsel.
Join CalChamber’s legal experts on May 20, 2021, when they cover meal and rest break compliance in detail, including steps to protect your company from liability. Topics will include:
- An overview of California’s meal and rest break rules;
- Premium pay for meal and/or rest break violations;
- Monitoring meal and rest breaks of remote employees;
- The recent state Supreme Court decision on “rounding” breaks and other litigation trends;
- Practical scenarios of common rest and meal break issues; and
- Best practices to maintain compliance.
[90-Minute Live Webinar] Like Clockwork: California’s Precise Rules for Meal and Rest Breaks
Date: Thursday, May 20, 2021
Time: 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. PT
Price: $199.00 ($159.20 for CalChamber Preferred or Executive Members)
Register online or call (800) 331-8877. This webinar is approved for 1.5 HRCI recertification, SHRM Professional Development, and MCLE credits. Your webinar purchase includes a recorded version of the live event.