As you draw up your list of New Year’s resolutions, resolve to take a few moments to familiarize yourself with the new employment laws that you’ll need to know in the coming year.
CalChamber’s employment law counsel analyzed the significant bills that Governor Jerry Brown signed into law and prepared a white paper summarizing their effects on California employers.
Read the latest information on:
- An increase in the minimum wage as well as the minimum salary for exempt employees;
- A new mandate to train nearly every California employee about sexual harassment prevention, that applies even to smaller employers;
- Changes to your obligation to provide nursing mothers with lactation accommodations;
- New protections from defamation lawsuits for employers who give employment references;
- An expansion of your liability for all types of harassment, even by non-employees; and
- So much more.
CalChamber’s white paper, New 2019 Labor Laws Affecting California Employers, is available for download (members can access the white paper here).