CalChamber’s HR webinar on September 20 reminds California employers of how important and essential it is to make sure supervisors are well-versed in California’s employment laws.
That’s because the responsibility of managing employee relations most often falls on California supervisors to enforce HR policies, address employee grievances appropriately and honor accommodations.
Avoid the legal and financial perils of noncompliance. Register your California supervisors for this targeted webinar that provides helpful guidance and best practices for:
- Navigating the hiring process, including questions you can no longer ask applicants;
- Complying with wage and hour requirements such as overtime, and meal and rest breaks;
- Managing leaves of absence;
- Dealing with paid sick leave;
- Making reasonable accommodations;
- Avoiding claims of discrimination and retaliation in employment decisions;
- Responding to complaints of harassment;
- Enforcing company handbook/policies; and
- Disciplining or terminating an employee.
Live Webinar: HR Best Practices for California Supervisors
Date: Thursday, September 20, 2018
Time: 10 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. PT
Price: $199.00 ($159.20 for CalChamber Preferred and Executive members)
Register online or call (800) 331-8877.
This webinar is approved for 1.5 HRCI recertification, SHRM professional development and MCLE credits. Your webinar purchase includes a recorded version that’s available after the live event.