New Year, New Laws, New Content
Welcome to 2018!
To help you make a smooth transition to the new year, HRWatchdog wants you to know that HRCalifornia is fully updated with new content on:
- California’s New Parent Leave Act.
- New Worksite Immigration Enforcement and Protections.
- New Salary History Ban.
- New Ban-the-Box Rules on Criminal Background Checks
- New Harassment Prevention Training Requirements
- Changes to required posters and pamphlets.
- Other 2018 employment laws and their impact on such topics as Personnel Records, Privacy, Leaves of Absence, Discrimination and many more.
Use this page for a quick guide to updates to individual employment law topics.
Also, CalChamber’s employment law experts created, updated and modified any HRCalifornia forms, checklists or tools affected by new laws, regulations and court rulings.
Grab some leftover holiday treats and a cup of coffee. Spend some time in the HR Library. Look for the flags to find new content on 2018 laws or important court rulings from 2017 that may require changes to your workplace policies and practices.
CalChamber has created several new forms to help California employers comply with the new laws, including a Criminal Background Screening Checklist and Notice to Employees: Government Inspection of Employment Eligibility Records.