Employment Law Updates Seminars Ready You for 2017
The 2016 legislative session produced new laws affecting California employers’ day-to-day operations and policies in 2017 and beyond. Quite a few bills feature delayed or phased-in implementation.
Some of the new laws, such as the minimum wage increase, make significant changes to California’s legal landscape. Other new laws make small changes to different parts of existing law or may affect only employers in specific industries. Piquing a lot of interest are changes to a company’s drug and alcohol abuse policy resulting from the passage of the Adult Use of Marijuana Act on November 8, 2016.
Don’t miss CalChamber’s annual 2017 Employment Law Updates seminars in January throughout California, from 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Join our employment law experts in person for a comprehensive review and discussion of recent state and federal court cases, new laws and regulatory changes.
- Sacramento: Thursday, January 5, 2017
- Modesto: Friday, January 6, 2017
- San Diego (La Jolla): Monday, January 9, 2017
- Costa Mesa: Tuesday, January 10, 2017
- Long Beach: Wednesday, January 11, 2017
- Los Angeles: Thursday, January 12, 2017
- Glendale: Friday, January 13, 2017
- San Francisco: Thursday, January 19, 2017
- San Jose: Thursday, January 26, 2017
- Oakland: Friday, January 27, 2017
Best of all, you’ll leave with practical compliance tactics. For more information or to register for this half-day seminar, call (800) 331-8877 or go online. The cost is $199.00 ($159.20 for CalChamber Preferred and Executive members).
Can’t make it to any of the seminar dates? Attend the 90-minute live webinar on January 31, 2017.
2017 Employment Law Updates seminars are approved for both HRCI and MCLE credit hours, in addition to SHRM PDCs.