Ideal Seminar If You’re New to Human Resources or Want a Refresher
With the complexities of managing HR issues in California, do your HR practices put you at risk for costly fines and lawsuits? It’s not easy to know exactly what to do or how to explain a complex employment law requirement, especially if you’re new to HR.
From hiring through termination, build your decision-making confidence at one of CalChamber’s popular HR Boot Camp seminars. It’s a full day packed with helpful information for business owners, managers or anyone who handles HR as part of their job.
Our employment law experts Erika Frank and Jessica Hawthorne explain core fundamentals of the employment life cycle, in addition to discussing compliance requirements, policies and best practices — with the opportunity to ask questions throughout the seminar.
“Not surprisingly, we’ve fielded many questions so far regarding the new paid sick leave mandate,” noted Erika. “Final pay, meal and rest breaks and Form I-9 are other hot topics.”
Join CalChamber for compliance guidance on:
- Hiring, including I-9 verification and criminal background checks;
- Employee access to personnel files;
- Wage and hour;
- Exempt/nonexempt classification;
- Meal and rest break requirements;
- Basics of leaves of absence, pregnancy disability leave (PDL), Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and California Family Rights Act (CFRA);
- Discrimination and harassment prevention; and
- Discipline and termination.
HR Boot Camp, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Redding: Thursday, February 26, 2015, Red Lion Hotel
- San Diego: Thursday, April 23, 2015, The Lodge at Torrey Pines (La Jolla)
- Santa Clara: Wednesday, June 10, 2015, Hilton Santa Clara
- Sacramento: Tuesday, August 18, 2015, CalChamber
- Laguna Beach: Wednesday, September 2, 2015, Montage Laguna Beach
Cost: $399.00 (Preferred and Executive members receive their 20 percent discount.)
For more information or to register, call (800) 331-8877 or go online. This seminar is approved for both HRCI and MCLE credit hours.