Form I-9 Videos for Employers
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) announced the release of three short video vignettes for employees and employers that demonstrate how to complete the Form I-9.
Each vignette walks the viewer through the key steps in four minutes or less, and each video covers a particular section of the Form I-9.
- Must be completed by the employee
- Explains each data field
- Highlights new phone number and email address optional fields
- Shows you how to fill in new foreign passport and country of issuance data fields
- Employers may want to make this video available to new employees
- Must be completed by the employer for each person hired
- Illustrates important deadlines and instructions
- Explains employers’ responsibilities
- Includes important reminders
- Completed by the employer for re-verification and rehiring
- Displays an on-screen checklist for hiring managers
- Explains which employees have to be re-verified
- Shows examples of documents not to re-verify
The USCIS also encourages employers to visit I-9 Central or view the Handbook for Employers Guidance for Completing Form I-9 (M-274) for more information.